Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Conclusion, the Future and "Definition of Disability"

    While working on this blog, which is also a graded project for one of my Ivy Tech courses, my father thought it would be important to make Prentke Romich aware of the blog.  Within a day, the PRC Regional Consultant contacted me back with information about the Prentke Romich Company Ambassador Program.  My blog was also shared with the entire PRC family of employees, and I immediately noticed a spike in my page views.  This made me feel incredibly proud that the company whose product enriches my life on a daily basis would see some value in my online work.  The future remains unwritten!
     I have decided to wrap up my blog/project with a thought that is the highlight of the following article: http://www.postcrescent.com/story/opinion/readers/2014/10/01/disability-might-surprised/16502513/

            So, to answer the question, "Who has a real disability?" the answer is that no one has
            a real disability.  Everybody in the world has a disability.  You may need to wear
            glasses to read or to see. You may need to eat healthy. You may need to have
            something to put in your hand when you're working on something.
            What is your disability?

1 comment:

  1. This complicated, yet nuanced approach to how we think of disabilities is profound. What I think it does best is build empathy, which too often seems lacking. Asking complicated questions and posing them at opportune times is a sign of a great spokesperson, Scott.

    ReplyDelete